Sunday, August 24, 2014

8/24/14. The post where I make a selfish request.

8/24/14: my patient, long-suffering husband had a rougher night than I did.  Quitting your pain meds is not easy.  He's toughing it out and he's on the road to recovery.  I'm really proud of him.

Since he was still in recovery mode, he did not have to work this morning.  Ironically, I had to be at both services to sell tickets for a gala we are having on Friday for his music series, so the alarm still went off too early this morning.  Why are we having a gala on Friday, you ask?  Because we are crazy.  Also, because it is a non-profit and we need to raise money for the upcoming season.  The series doesn't know about our medical issues, nor does it care.  And the craziest part? He thinks he is going to perform Friday night.  Actually, the craziest part is that I am not stopping him.  I let him practice for 20 minutes today and he promised it felt okay.  

I spent most of the afternoon and evening cooking.  It is going to be a busy week and I wanted to have at least a few home-cooked items to get us through it. (Like chocolate chip cookies.  One of the four food groups.)  It kept me busy and kept my mind off my foot.  But by the end of the night, my foot would no longer be ignored.  If I were thinking about it, I would think it is getting worse.  But I'm not thinking about it.  All I am thinking about is the fact that in less than two weeks, I will have a magic remote control that makes it feel better.  

I have a selfish request for all of you.  At the end of this week, my wonderful, sweet, beautiful, amazing mom is having a CT scan and a PET scan to monitor her progress.  If things go well, she might be able to end her chemo early.  I would greatly appreciate any prayers, good thoughts, karma, or whatever else you can offer for good scan results and early discharge.  I won't even ask you to dump ice water on yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment