Sunday, August 3, 2014

8/3/14. The post where I make up for my lazy Saturday.

8/3/14:  got up earlier than usual this morning so I could run the slide show at the early service at church for a friend who is on vacation.  That makes me the adult equivalent of the nerd who ran the projector when they showed films in science class.  Just another day in my glamorous life.

Speaking of glamor, other than a family lunch after church, I spent the day doing the chores I didn't do yesterday.  Laundry, dishes, cleaning out the pantry, sorting mail, grocery shopping - if it is a boring chore, I did it.  I did make an interesting dinner, which was the highlight of the day.  (A common theme in my life.  Food is almost always the highlight of my day.)  I was glad to have everything done so I was ready for the week ahead, but my foot was not so cheery.  I spent the first half of the day around 5-6, but ramped up to about a 7.5 by evening's end.  Time for the magic cream, which calmed things back down a little.  

I dreamed last night that I was trying to ride one of my bikes with two flat tires, which didn't go so well, as you can probably imagine.  I'm sure my bikes will need more than air in the tires when I finally start riding again.  By my calculations, I should be good to get back in the saddle by the beginning of November.  (Other than a handful of short rides on a trainer, I haven't ridden since last July.  I hope the old adage is true and I haven't forgotten how to ride.)  During the time I've been off the bike, my dad and brother have started riding, so now I have even more incentive to get back to it.  In the meantime, I'll have to settle for slow walks.  But maybe it's time to start checking the air in my bike tires.  

No comments:

Post a Comment