Tuesday, February 10, 2015

2/10/15. The post where I give blood.

2/10/15:  4:21am.  The streak continues.  And forget what I said about walking again.  It was about 10 degrees colder this morning than yesterday morning, so I decided biking would be okay.  

Time to brag on my patient, long-suffering husband.  Four weeks into his diet and he has lost 20 pounds!  He looks amazing...of course, I thought he looked amazing before, but I'm a little biased.  And he started cycling again this week.  Real cycling, not riding on the trainer like I've been doing.  On the other hand, my weight loss has stalled at four pounds.  But on the other, other hand, at least the weight appears to be moving around.  I was able to wear a skirt today that hasn't fit for more than a year.  And since my foot was feeling better, I put on a pair of black leather boots with impossibly high heels.  Then, in a rare fit of good sense, I traded them for a much more sensible pair of low-heeled riding boots.

Today was the day I donated blood at a drive for my friend.  I ate a good lunch and drank lots of water all day.  The water was so they could find a vein.  The lunch was so they wouldn't have to scoop me up off the floor afterward.  And both worked out pretty well.  I felt a little woozy when I got home, but I had no evening obligations, so I was able to hang out on the deck until I felt better.  And it was a beautiful day to hang out on the deck.  Now I just hope my blood is a match for my friend's.


No comments:

Post a Comment