Friday, February 13, 2015

2/13/15. The post where things escalate quickly.

2/13/15: made it all the way to 4:39am this morning.  Maybe the streak is over.  It was a cold morning, but it turned into a beautiful day.  For the first time in awhile, I had a full day at work with no meetings scheduled, so I was able to catch up on a lot of paperwork.  I ran some errands at lunch, which included getting my car washed, and then the convertible top went back down.  My foot felt good, and Friday the 13th didn't seem so bad.

With a three-day weekend ahead of us, we planned to start a major home project.  We moved into our house nearly four years ago, and a lot of things were unpacked and stored "temporarily" while we decided what to keep and what to toss.  One of our New Year's resolutions was to go through the house one room at a time and make some tough decisions.  This weekend, we are starting with the guest bedroom and closet.  That may not sound difficult, but that is where most of our extra storage is, so there is a lot of stuff to sort.  

About an hour in, I started to feel that all-too-familiar burning.  By the time we were at a stopping point, I took off my sock and saw exactly what I expected to see...a splotchy, bright red, shiny foot.  I went from a 3 to a 7 in less than two hours.  In the words of my favorite anchorman: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FONN-0uoTHI. I have spent the rest of the evening on the couch with my foot up.  The color looks better now, but it doesn't feel any better yet.  I do not intend to spend my three-day weekend this way.

Today I came across an interesting interview with Paula Abdul.  I just realized I probably gave you an unreasonable expectation regarding the article.  It is an article about her experience with CRPS.  I think I knew at one time that she has CRPS, but I had forgotten.  Of course, I have also forgotten the titles of most of her songs.  My memory is not what it used to be.  http://www.rarediseaseawareness.com/quality-of-life/paula-abdul-putting-the-spotlight-on-rare-disease






No comments:

Post a Comment