Monday, February 9, 2015

2/9/15. The post where I get some relief.

2/9/15: for about the last week, I've gotten into a pattern of waking up at approximately 4:20am every morning.  I can usually fall back asleep, at least for a little while, but it is very strange.  There is nothing significant about that time, or at least there wasn't anything significant about that time before last week.  I hope this pattern ends quickly.  Maybe by telling you about it, I can hasten its departure. 

I decided to walk again this morning and I'm glad I did.  Riding on the trainer is good exercise, but I miss out on a lot of interesting things.  Like the guy I saw this morning.  Apparently he was exercising, but his exercise consisted of walking for awhile while stretching up and down and flailing his arms wildly like he was rehearsing for a big Bob Fosse dance number, then running for about 100 yards as if he was being chased by a bear.  His version of Cross Fit.  Or maybe he's just a dancer who is very scared of bears.

My foot felt okay on the walk, but when I got home and took my tennis shoes off, it looked pretty scary and it felt rotten for the rest of the morning.  I turned up the stimulator to warp speed seven after I got to work.  I had a meeting on the other side of my work campus that lasted most of the morning and when I walked outside to go back to my office, the weather had officially become beautiful.  Temperature in the mid-70s and not a cloud in the sky.  And like magic, my foot improved for most of the afternoon.  Was it the weather, or the stimulator, or the walk, or a combination of all of those things, or just coincidence?  I have no idea.  The important thing is that it improved.  And I hope it will last.  It didn't feel quite as good tonight, but still much better than the last few weeks.  

I think I will keep walking as long as the nice weather holds out.  Who knows what I might see on my walk tomorrow?  If I see a bear doing a Bob Fosse dance routine, I'll know these 4:20am awakenings are getting to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment