Thursday, February 12, 2015

2/12/15. The post where I am glad I bought an automatic.

2/12/15: 4:20am on the nose.  This is starting to get ridiculous, but I am also fascinated.  How long can I keep it up?  As forecast, it was significantly colder today.  I rode the trainer inside this morning, and the top went back up on the car.

Today was a big work day.  In the morning I had a meeting of my employer's governing body, and in the afternoon I had a meeting of my legislative work group.  Time to dress like a grownup, so I wore a suit. Or something closely approximating a suit.  I wore pants and a jacket, which I couldn't have done even a few weeks ago.  (No, the jacket would not button, but that can be our little secret.)  

The morning meeting went swimmingly.  Then I headed to the afternoon meeting, less than seven miles from my office.  Forty-five minutes later, I arrived at the meeting place, stressed out and frazzled.  Too much construction and too many road closures.  Oh, and too many cars on the road.

The afternoon meeting also went well.  I got my action item and decided to head back using a different route, one I hoped was quicker.  No such luck.  Just as much traffic and construction.  About halfway back to the office, I figured out that I was just as close to home as I was to the office and I could save about 30 minutes by heading straight there, so I did.  My foot was not too happy, between the change in the weather, lots of walking around between meetings, and too much driving.  The round trip took about an hour and a half, and I couldn't help but think I could have made it to an awesome weekend getaway in that amount of time.  At least I am no longer driving a standard.  That was a hard decision to make when I bought the car, but on days like today, I feel like a genius.  

This evening was the kickoff celebration for our Lenten group, and it was wonderful to see everyone.  While it doesn't seem right to say I look forward to Lent, we have a group that has been getting together for fellowship (and even a little bit of study) during Lent for six years and it is always nice to be together again.  I didn't have quite as good a foot day as yesterday, but we are in for another few days of nice weather, so I am optimistic. Plus, there is a three-day weekend coming up.  What could possibly go wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment