Thursday, February 26, 2015

2/26/15. The post where I bounce back.

2/26/15: got a little more sleep last night and woke up feeling better.  The morning showed promise, with the sun finally showing itself.  It was an illusion, though.  By late morning, the clouds had come back in and the temperature started dropping.

I spent half the morning in the office and then went to a board meeting for our music series.  This afternoon, it was back in the office to catch up on paperwork.  My foot behaved pretty nicely today.  I changed the stimulator program again to a slightly less obnoxious one, but it was still strong enough to do the trick.  I looked at the ten-day forecast and there is not a single day without a chance of rain.  While that is great news for our local water supply and area lakes, it makes me nervous.  

Time to brag on my patient, long-suffering husband again.  He is halfway through his liquid diet and he has lost 25 pounds!  He's also managed to keep a good attitude and still be fun to be around.  That's a pretty big accomplishment, in my opinion.  My weight loss has not been as significant during the same time period, but I have managed to lose six pounds.  And more importantly, I am only 2.5 pounds away from new shoes!  

Or, I was until tonight.  I may have ruined it.  I went with two of my BFFs to a local charity event where local restaurants and bars sampled their wares and celebrity judges voted on the best cocktail in the city.  It was a great event and we had a really fun time.  Maybe not the best diet activity, but it was worth it.  I'd like to say I'll make up for it the next few days, but the weekend is coming and I'm not making any promises. 

No comments:

Post a Comment