Saturday, February 7, 2015

2/7/15. The post where we enjoy the nice weather.

2/7/15: Iast night I went to book club, where I had a great meal and lots of fun with friends I don't get to see often enough.  By the end of the evening, my foot felt pretty rotten, but I was able to get to bed relatively early and slept surprisingly well.  

I was really looking forward to today.  Besides the fact that the weather was finally supposed to clear up, I had nothing on the calendar but a nail appointment.  I woke up this morning to find...it was still overcast and dreary.  Oh, come on!  Seriously?  I got up and got ready for my nail appointment.  On the seven minute drive, suddenly the clouds parted, the angels sang, and hallelujah!  It was going to be a beautiful day after all.  

I got my nails done ("Peace, Love, and OPI" from their San Francisco collection) and met back up with my patient, long-suffering husband at home.  Since it was such a pretty day, we decided to get out and enjoy it.  So the top went down on the convertible and off we went.  After a few errands, we found ourselves at an outdoor mall.  We spent several hours wandering around, browsing the shops and watching people.  The people-watching today was excellent.  People were out in droves after all the miserable weather of the last few weeks, and everyone seemed to be in a good mood.  A little sun will do that to you.

Unfortunately, my foot hasn't noticed the sun yet.  As the afternoon wore on, I had to stop and rest more and more often.  Tonight, I spent a quiet evening on the couch.  Tomorrow should be even nicer.  Here's hoping someone tells my foot.  

No comments:

Post a Comment