Tuesday, February 3, 2015

2/3/15. The post where I am ready for better weather.

2/3/15: today was a travel day.  It was still cold and rainy and we were glad to get out of town.  But the weather followed us.  It followed us for four hours to my colleague's home, and then it followed me for another hour and a half to my house.  I wanted to crawl into bed and burrow under the covers, but the cleaners were at the house, so instead I went out for a late lunch/early dinner.  (Yeah, I know, First World Problems.)  

The rain continued.  I met my patient, long-suffering husband at home and we decided we needed to get out and get a little exercise, since I'd been in the car most of the day and he'd been stuck indoors because of the weather.  So we headed to the mall for a little shopping. Or more accurately, a little mall walking.  Or even more accurately, a lot of mall walking.  We spent nearly three hours wandering around, catching up after a couple of days apart.  It was nice to stretch our legs, but by the end of our wandering, my foot was pretty wrecked.  

If the weather forecasters can be trusted (and that is certainly not a given), the weather should be much better for the next week.  Please, please, please let it be true.

No comments:

Post a Comment