Wednesday, February 4, 2015

2/4/15. The post where I get a sneak preview of the next few months.

2/4/15: woke up feeling a little better this morning.  The rain was mostly gone, but it was still very cloudy and quite cold.  Not cool, weather forecasters.  My morning was spent playing catch up at work with people and paperwork.  I realized this morning that I was all out of lunch supplies, so I went with a standby.  I keep a stash of non-refrigerated lunch options around the office in case there is a zombie apocalypse...or I am busy and need a quick meal.  Today was one of those days.  (A busy day, not a zombie apocalypse.)  

I selected a dry soup in a disposable cup. The directions said to fill it with water, microwave for two minutes with the lid off, then let it sit for six minutes.  Hmm...that sounds potentially messy.  But it must be okay, since that's what the directions said to do.  I set the timer and went back to my office.  I came back to the microwave approximately eight minutes later to find a black bean soup volcano erupting.  It took me about five minutes to clean out the microwave and I vowed never to buy this brand of soup again.  But then I tasted it (or rather, what was left of it) and it was pretty delicious.  So maybe I'll just alter the cooking directions next time.  Or put the cup inside another cup.  Or just eat it directly off the bottom of the microwave.

I ate my soup/lava and read some materials for a meeting.  I am representing my employer in an industry/legislative work group and this afternoon was the first meeting.  The meeting went well, except that I volunteered to be on a committee.  And by "volunteered", I mean "begrudgingly agreed" because I knew the consequences of not being on the committee would be worse than the consequences of being on it.  While I was told the committee would only last for a few weeks, based on the scope of the overall project I feel certain our work will be measured in years rather than weeks.  Ugh.  It is making me tired just thinking about it.  

The meeting lasted past the normal end of my work day, and then I raced to a dinner meeting on a different issue.  This is how the next few months are going to be.  I managed to put in a brief appearance at choir rehearsal before coming home and collapsing into bed.  My foot felt a little better today than yesterday, or at least I didn't notice it as much.  It is supposed to get warmer each day for the next few days, so I am optimistic I will continue to feel better.  

No comments:

Post a Comment