Wednesday, February 18, 2015

2/18/15. The post where Lent begins.

2/18/15: another night with not quite enough sleep.  A friend of mine who is taking melatonin to help her sleep at night suggested I try it.  And it sounded like a good idea.  But, as I always do, I did some research.  And it turns out there are some studies saying that melatonin can increase inflammation in people with CRPS.  Man, this is complicated.  

My work day was filled with necessary, but unremarkable, tasks.  The highlight of the day was lunch.  Normally, I eat at my desk while working.  (Yes, I know, probably not a good idea.)  But today, I ate lunch with two work friends. Sure, we ate lunches we brought from home while sitting in one of their offices, but hey, at least it wasn't my office, so it was a step in the right direction.  

This evening was our Ash Wednesday service, so we had choir rehearsal early, then sang at the service, then rehearsed some more after the service.  My forehead is covered in ash and Lent has officially begun.  My foot felt pretty good most of the day, but tonight it's ready for some rest.  Hoping for a better night's sleep tonight.  Not melatonin-induced, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment