Tuesday, February 17, 2015

2/17/15. La poste où je laisse les bon temps rouler.

2/17/15: slept a little better last night, but not for long enough.  My own fault for going to bed too late, I guess.  I rode the trainer, got ready for work, then finished making my shrimp creole and packed it up to take it to the office.  By the time I left home, I was already tired again.  

We had a fun office luncheon.  At least, as fun as an office luncheon can be.  I tried to show a little self-restraint, but who can resist king cake? After all that food, it wasn't easy to concentrate on work in the afternoon, but I had some pretty substantial business to finish, so I kicked it back into gear.  It was another cold day, but the sun peeked out in the late afternoon.

It would have been a nice evening to hang around the house and rest.  It also would have been a nice evening to celebrate Mardi Gras with more fun than can be had at an office luncheon.  But my acting classes started up again tonight after a few weeks' break.  And I'm glad I went.  We got off to a good start and I am looking forward to the next few months.  In addition to our class work, one of my classmates has written a screenplay he wants to film so he can show it to potential producers, and he's asked a few of us to be in it.  While I have never had any designs on being a film star, this sounds like it will be a fun experience.  (Remind me I said that when I am complaining about all the work and my lack of free time at some point in the future.)  My foot did some good acting work today as well.  It was playing the role of a normal foot, and while it won't be winning any Academy Awards, it was fairly convincing.

No comments:

Post a Comment