Monday, February 16, 2015

2/16/15. The post where I continue to be confused.

2/16/15: slept poorly and woke up really early with the rain.  So much for sleeping in on a holiday.  But the odd thing is, my foot felt better.  Cold and rain is usually a recipe for disaster.  But this weekend, I felt much worse when it was warm and sunny.  Go figure.

I spent the morning at home doing chores.  I didn't venture out until the afternoon, when I thought it would be warmer and less rainy.  (I was wrong.)  After a few errands, I went to visit some dear friends, one of whom had an accident a few weeks ago that resulted in a shattered femur.  (I can't even write that without shuddering.  That must have been incredibly painful.  He's a tough cookie.)  He looked great and was in good spirits, and I enjoyed catching up with both of them.  Then it was back home to make food for our office's Mardi Gras luncheon tomorrow.  Shrimp Creole.  It is one of my patient, long-suffering husband's favorite meals to make and to eat, and it didn't strike me until later that it was kind of cruel to make it while he is on his liquid diet.  Fortunately for him, it doesn't taste nearly as good when I make it.

Still feeling okay this evening, even with the weather and a full day of activity.  I'm not complaining, but I sure don't get it.  And since it doesn't look like the nice weather will be back any time soon, I hope my foot continues to confuse me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment